The Path of Light

The Path of Light Theosophy of the Masters.

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

George Cardinal Le Gros

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Skull

PostSubject: George Cardinal Le Gros   Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:20 pm

Friend of Boris de Zirkoff & Gottfried de Purucker, he taught Theosophy in the Midwest, among other places. Here is reproduces a anecdote from WW II regarding selfless love:

WHITE MAGIC

The Second World War had ended, and the medical unit to which Dr. Ritchie belonged was ordered to help out at a concentration camp near Wuppertal, Germany. He states that "to see the effects of slow starvation, to walk through those barracks where thousands of men had died a little bit at a time over a period of years, was a new kind of horror. We lost scores every day in spite of all the medicine and food we could rush to them."

The doctor was drawn to one Polish Jew who had been a prisoner in the camp for six years, during which he lived on the same starvation diet, slept in the same airless and disease-ridden barracks as everyone else, and yet showed not the slightest physical or mental deterioration. According to Dr. Ritchie, "His posture was erect, his eyes were bright, his energy boundless. We came to him with all sorts of problems: the paper work alone was staggering in attempting to relocate people whose families, even whole hometowns, might have disappeared. But, though this Polish man worked fifteen and sixteen hours a day, he showed no signs of weakness. His compassion for his fellow prisoners glowed on his face; and it was to this glow that I came when my own spirits were low."

The man explained that he had lived in Warsaw with his wife and five children. Then the Germans came, and, when they reached his street, lined everyone against a wall and machine gunned them to death. Because he happened to speak German and a few other languages, they placed him in a work camp.

"I had to decide right then whether to let myself hate the soldiers who had done this. I was a lawyer, and in my practice had often seen what hate could do to people's minds and bodies. Hate had just killed the six people who mattered the most to me in the world. I decided then that I would spend the rest of MY life loving everyone with whom I came in contact."

Without knowing it, he had performed a supreme act of White Magic. The power of compassion that he invoked by his resolve to love everyone brought about a phenomenal occult condition affecting his body, the food and environment in such a way that perfect health and well-being became for him a reality.

Dr. G. de Purucker always said that "Love is the cement of the universe. Learn to forgive. Learn to love." I wonder why we don't take those words to heart, and, like the lawyer, throw hate out of our lives, and love everyone we meet? It shouldn't be a problem. After all, what else is there to do?
Back to top Go down
Emma
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: George Cardinal Le Gros   Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:10 am

it will never happen not in this life time. hate is a much easier emotion than love for most people. the average person has never heard of Theosophy, and most who are not religious will think of love and forgive as a christian act and won't give a damn. For every one who can perform the act of love and forgiveness there are a 100 who will not. As far as George Cardinal Le Gros he never lived at Theosophical headquarters except for a brief visit. He was more a part of the ones who split from the society.

http://darkcastle.forumotion.net/forum

George Cardinal Le Gros
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1